Israel Social Action Projects
1. MASORTI BAR/BAT MITZVAH PROGRAM FOR CHILDREN WITH SPECIAL NEEDS.
The Bar/Bat Mitzvah for the Special Child program annually prepares over 300 Israeli children with special needs for their Bar or Bat Mitzvah ceremony, including those with Cerebral Palsy, Down Syndrome, mild and moderate mental retardation, hearing impairments, ADD, ADHD and other behavioral challenges, autism, and blindness. The teaching staff comprises rabbis, cantors, and other teachers who hail from the Masorti Movement.
For further information, contact the Masorti Foundation for Conservative Judaism in Israel, 475 Riverside Drive, Suite 832, New York, New York 10115, 212.870.2216, email@example.com; National Director Zivah Nativ at firstname.lastname@example.org or visit http://www.masorti.org/about/bbmitzvahspecial.php.
2. JUSTICE FOR JEWS FROM ARAB LANDS: MERCAZ USA, Rabbinical Assembly, United Synagogue & Women's League.
A campaign, supported by the Government of Israel, is being conducted by 20 Diaspora Jewish communities and 66 organizations in an International Rights and Redress Campaign whose goals are:
1) To conduct public education programs on the heritage and rights of Jewish refugees from Arab countries; and
2) To register family histories, and catalogue losses, suffered by Jews that fled from Arab countries.
For further information, go to http://www.justiceforjews.com
3. BRING ISRAEL'S SOLDIERS HOME NOW:
Click here for the American Zionist Movement's educational and promotional materials to support the campaign for Israel's captive soldiers.
4. NEVE HANNA CHILDREN'S HOME: American Friends of Neve Hanna.
Neve Hanna, a youth village located between Jerusalem and Beersheva, provides a loving home for children from troubled families whose early lives were scarred by poverty and abuse. Affiliated with the Conservative/Masorti Movement, the children's homes cares for 65 live-in residents and 35 non-boarding youngsters.
For more information, contact the American Friends of Neve Hanna office, 136 East 39th Street, Fourth Floor, New York, NY 10016, Co-Chairs Janet and Irwin Tobin at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Neve Hanna website www.nevehanna.org.
© Mercaz USA. All rights reserved.